Wednesday 14 September 2016

A Place to Call Home

Having decided against a package holiday and the high costs of staying in a hotel, (I really don’t enjoy hotels that much either...) I needed an alternative.

One of the companies that kept coming up in conversation was Airbnb, the concept of this is that you stay in a spare room or rent someone’s entire home for a day, a week or much longer depending on your requirements.

I had heard good things and it seemed perfect for me, I filled out a bio for myself and found an image that wasn’t too unflattering and put my dates and destination in the search engine. I was rewarded with pages and pages of available homes to rent. What sheer bliss, I love looking at other people’s homes. I always think when you are house hunting certain properties seem to speak to you, I selected four, all in some why comparable with my own home, and sent a short introductory message to the hosts in question. I was rewarded with a positive response, everyone would be very happy to let me stay and I received some lovely personal messages. I now had four places to visit, three in Mallorca and one in Barcelona.


I printed off the details and put these together with my flight tickets and other information. How exciting I can’t wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment